A tasty banana cream pie.
SugarTwin® White Spoonable
cream of tartar
large egg yolks (lightly beaten)
pie crust (baked)
sliced bananas (large)
prepared sugar-free whipping topping mix
1. In medium non-stick saucepan, combine SugarTwin® White Spoonable, cornstarch, salt, and cream of tartar. Gradually stir in milk until well blended.
2. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Continue cooking and whisking for one minute. Remove from heat.
3. In medium bowl, whisk at least 1/2 of hot milk mixture into egg yolks. Whisk this mixture into remaining mixture in saucepan. Return saucepan to medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and yellow food coloring, if using. Cover and cool to room temperature.
4. In prepared piecrust, arrange banana slices to cover the bottom and sides of the crust. Top with prepared filling, making sure to completely cover the bananas. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set.
5. To serve, top with sugar-free whipped topping.
6. Chilling Time: 3 hours
7. Refrigerate leftovers for no more than 2 days