A tasty biscotti for coffee or anytime of day
all purpose flour
cup three quarters
SugarTwin® Granulated Brown
fat-free milk solids or non-fat dried milk
cup two thirds
cup one third
unblanched whole almonds
1. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs until thick and yellow. Whisk in butter, orange zest and vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift flour and baking soda together, add SugarTwin® Granulated Brown and fat free milk solids (do not sift). Add dry ingredients to egg mixture, mixing well. Add nuts. The dough will be sticky.
4. Divide the dough into two pieces, place half the dough on each cookie sheet. Shape dough into flat loaf 8' (20cm) long and 4' (10cm) wide, tapering it slightly at the ends. Repeat with other half. Bake for 15 minutesin a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven, or until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 - 4 minutes.
5. Transfer the loaves carefully to a cutting board and cut the loaves on the diagonal into 1/2' (1.25cm) slices.
6. Place the slices on their edges (standing up) on cookie sheets and bake until the tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and place cookies on baking rack to cool.
7. Biscotti will keep in airtight tin for up to one month.