Buttermilk Waffles with Rum Raisin Sauce
Hearty waffles for a hungry breakfast.
all purpose flour
baking soda (uncooked)
tsp three quarters
unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
large eggs (beaten)
SugarTwin Granulated White
1. Preheat a well seasoned or non-stick Belgian or standard waffle iron. Preheat the oven to 200°F (94°C).
2. In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir in buttermilk, butter, and eggs until smooth (batter will be thick).
3. Spoon batter into waffle iron, using 1/2 cup (120mL) of batter for a 4' (10cm) square standard waffle, spread the batter evenly and cook.
4. Keep the waffles warm in the oven, do not cover them. Continue to make the waffles and serve with rum raisin sauce.
Rum Raisin Sauce
5. Combine first six ingredients in small saucepan. Add SugarTwin® Granulated White mixed with cornstarch and salt.
6. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add rum or rum extract and blend well. Serve over waffles. Makes 2 cups (480mL).