Crepes with Strawberries and Cream
Crepes with strawberries and cream.
all purpose flour
SugarTwin® Granulated White
cup three quarters
cream of tartar
sugar-free prepared whipped dtopping
thinly sliced fresh strawberries
cup one rhid
unsweetened strawberry preserves
SugarTwin Granulated White
1. In a blender or food processor combine first eight ingredients. Blend until smooth. Let batter rest 5 minutes.
2. Heat a small 6 1/2'(15cm) non-stick crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray, if desired for golden crepes.
3. Pour about 3 Tbsp. (45mL) of batter into pan, lifting and turning pan to spread batter in a circle.
4. Cook approx. 30 seconds, until batter appears dry and bottom has begun to brown. Flip crepe, cook another 20 seconds and remove from pan. Place on a sheet of wax paper.
5. Continue cooking remaining crepes, placing wax paper between crepes to prevent sticking.
Filling & Strawberry Coulis
6. Stir in the filling ingredients nine through eleven together in a small bowl.
7. Combine remaining two ingredients together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until preserves are liquid. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.
8. To assemble the crepes: Spoon a couple of Tbsp. of filling down the middle of each crepe. Fold in sides. Drizzle with the warm Strawberry Coulis.